Top Ten Thursday - What's for Dinner?


Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!


Today we're listing our top ten go-to recipes for an easy work night dinner. I may have gotten some feedback on repeating the same old one too many times... 



I am aware that I'm in no position to complain. C and I eat in the car three times a week, so all I have to do is purchase a smoothie and a sandwich for him and pack some semi-healthy snack for myself. So I'm basically only talking about the other nights. Still. Among the three of us, there's always something that one or two people don't like. Which leaves us at:
  1. Spaghetti Marinara / Bolognese
  2. Mac'n'Cheese
  3. Lasagna
  4. Pizza
  5. Enchilladas
  6. Fajitas
  7. Thai Red Curry Chicken
  8. Killer Pies from the Jailhouse Store: we can only get them on Wednesdays between the hockey seasons = the month of April. In this store they sell products that inmates have baked, cooked or crafted. Wine, yogurt, cookies, you name it. Wednesday is pie day, a good ten savoury and fruity varieties, and they are delicious. 
  9. Salads: Tomato / Mozzarella, all kinds of chicken and / or corn in summer, spinach / pear / blue cheese in winter
  10. Selection of bread (if they're lucky I made some myself), cheese and deli meats
That's about my range of expertise. Of course there are convenient, frozen meals, but those don't count.

The other day I tried my hand at making a buddha bowl. I think this is something to pursue for dinners and office lunches. So many varieties. (A lot of work, too, though.)



Find Mind over Munch's recipe and tutorial here. The mango / cilantro sauce was the bomb!!

This was a good first step, and I'm looking at you to further inspire me! What are some yummy, easy and quickly to whip up dinners you make? Let me know in the comments down below or link up your own post.

What's next?

June 14: My six year blogversary is coming up, so I'd like you (and me) to blog about blogging. What are the top ten things that come to your mind reflecting on your blogging journey: what prompted you to start, what obstacles did you or do you still have to overcome, what have been your major learnings, what plans do you have...? Here's the link to the Facebook event to sign up to.



June 21st: There are certain things we feel magically drawn to: "stuff", foods, people, locations,... what are yours? Sign up here.




Comments