Give Thanks

Welcome back to my monthly contribution to A lil HooHaa's Photo Blogging Challenge. 

November's prompt is "Give Thanks".

We voted last weekend on whether to trust our government to make sound decisions about pandemic response. To be honest, I was a bit worried about this vote, because the opponents of the measures were very loud demonstrating in the streets of our largest cities and on social media. So definitely give thanks to the majority of my fellow citizens who want this virus to go away just as the next person but understand it doesn't just happen without everyone pulling together. 

The picture represents the current situation: if you have proof of vaccination, recent recovery or a negative test result, you may have dinner indoors. Everybody else gets a seat here. Not too bad, I would say. Restaurants really go out of their way to accommodate all guests.




Up until now we're still allowed to attend youth games. The same rules as for the restaurants apply. Probably very soon there will be a mask mandate on top of the present regulations. I don't mind too much. As long as the kids still get to train and play!

I loved the decoration at Lucerne's arena. Somebody spend a lot of time putting these sticks together!




Grateful for hair appointments, too. On a sunny day, no less! I think there were only one or two in November, all the more reason to appreciate it! Throughout the month of November I participated in the Ultimate Blog Challenge. It included posting every single day, using a prompt that was sent out daily. So no writing ahead! 

It was a good experience. Yes, it was stressful to come up with content every day, especially considering my other commitments like my day job and the driving back and forth to hockey practice. But it was also rewarding to mingle among a very nice circle of experienced bloggers and newbies (to the challenge) like me.

One of my new blogger buddies said something nice about me in her reflection post: Tamara brings enthusiasm, light and joy to the table. 

I think my selfie reflects just that :-)



This guy is growing up way too fast Look at my baby - he's becoming a young man! Who is still OK to go to the mall with Mom on a rare day off. Added bonus: the Sushi Train Restaurant! always a welcome treat.



In Switzerland there is no such thing as Thanksgiving. The last Thursday of November is just a regular day. People go to work and school. 

Well, at our town, there's something special happening on that date every year. The Christmas tree is being set up and lit! Sadly I could not be there for the ceremony that includes a potluck buffet and a lot of people gathering. I hear this year there weren't as many people though. 

Colin had hockey practices so here's my "Thanksgiving picture", directly from the ice rink ;-)



These were my five; I hope you enjoyed them. Head over to A 'lil HooHaa's and check out the other contributors' posts!


PS: Will any of you be participating in 20 Days of Chill? It'd be more fun if it wasn't just a tiny group of two?


Comments

  1. We have states in Australia that require proof of double vax to be able to enter restaurants, shops etc, but the territory I live in has such a high vax rate, it doesn't matter (97.5% double vax a few days ago).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tree! I am not sure how much blogging I can do right now but it is fun to read yours!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lady! I'm thankful for hair appointments too! I wish I could say the majority of our country is trusting our government is making good decisions about the pandemic. The majority of us are not confident our government is handling anything well these days. But, your "Thanksgiving picture" from the ice rink is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world in which we live, right? I went to a concert at the end of November and to attend, you needed to have been vaccinated. I had no issues. I wore my mask, though not required, just because it's fine with me anymore. Maybe one day we will come out of all of this, but it's hard to picture it with so many people not being able to be on the same page.

    So many good things you had to be thankful for. I think it's becoming more and more important to grasp and hold onto so many little things to be thankful for. Helps get you through the day. It's crazy, too, how much you son has grown just in the time I've seen through your blog.

    I'm seeing more and more Christmas lights around me, too. It makes me smile a lot more. I look forward to walking at night and seeing many more lights and see how Harper reacts.

    Thanks, too, for the 20 Days of Chill plug. Hopefully people will join up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's so impressive that you blogged every day for a month. Doing something like that would basically double the number of blog posts I publish each year! I have taken part in the 20 Days of Chill (in a very small way, maybe two or three prompts) in the past and will seriously think about at least matching that level of participation in 2022.
    I sure enjoyed reading about how you're just going with the flow of whatever the health rules are. We're doing the same - what's the point of expending energy railing against whatever the rules of the day are...it takes away from the energy you can put into living your best life despite COVID. Hope you'll be able to attend practices/games soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.