Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 29: 90 Days Out

Today's Ultimate Blog Challenge has an organizational assignment for us: We're supposed to map out where we want to go with our website in the next 90 days.

I hope I can stay home with my website - that's where my most important accessories are:

  • coffee 
  • fluffy socks 
  • reliable internet connection
  • quiet time

However, if necessary, I can also write at Starbucks or at the hockey stadium - if they'll still be accessible, rising infection numbers and all. 



Oh, that wasn't the question?

I guess the serious purpose of the prompt was, how many people should read my posts, and how many products do I want to sell?

Well, since I make no money with my blog, but do this just for fun, I really can't tell. 

It is motivating to see a certain number of views, but what pleases me more than the amount of clicks, are the personal connections that happen when people leave a comment.

So if you're reading this, let me tell you about the content you may expect short and medium term:

Photo by Jazmin Quaynor on Unsplash


November 30 I'll publish my monthly contribution to A lil HooHaa's Photo Blogging Challenge. What is this all about? Every month there is a prompt - for November it is "Give Thanks" - and we're crafting a blog post showing five pictures that represent this subject. We link up and visit each other. I have been doing it since May 2016. 

In December there will be a weekly summary of what our Elves have been up to. They will be published on Thursdays at 10am Eastern.


On Friday, December 10, I'll participate in Baking in a Tornado's monthly Secret Subject Swap. I handed it my prompt to Karen, our host, and she assigned it to somebody within the group. I have gotten my subject I will write about this weekend, but I can't tell you - otherwise it would not be a secret anymore, right? It's a lot of fun, I have been participating since October 2013.

On Friday, December 17, I'll participate in Baking in a Tornado's Use Your Words challenge. Again, I sent my five words or expressions to Karen, and she'll send them to another participant. Two weeks before publishing day, I'll get my five words that I have to use in my post. This challenge premiered in January 2014, and I've been a contributor ever since.



New Years Eve: Two posts!

Photo Blogging Challenge and Time Capsule. What's that? I started this tradition in 2017. It's basically a memory box with stories and pictures. A lot of work, but I figure it'll be fun to go back after a couple of years and be like "oh, I forgot we did this and went there."



January is supposed to be the month of relaxing after the Holidays new beginnings. 

I may - and I say, I may - tackle 20 Days of Chill for the 4th time in a row. It's hosted by A lil HooHaa, and I see the topics are out already, so in theory I could start working on them. Posts will be published - should I choose to write them - Mondays through Fridays in January, hence 20 days. 

Friday, January 7: Secret Subject Swap and Friday, January 14: Use Your Words.

On the last day of January there'll be another Photo Blogging Challenge. 

February? 

Secret Subject Swap on the 4th, and Use Your Words on the 11th.

Photo Blogging Challenge on the 28th. 

Other than that I will definitely be working on my A - Z 2022 posts in order to be ready for April. I know I say this every year, but this time I really want every single post to be written by March 31 so I can focus on visiting my fellow bloggers' posts throughout the month of April. 



That's a lot of blog posts, and a lot of dates. 

Most importantly though, I plan on having fun writing and connecting, so I hope to see you there! 

Let me know if you want me to introduce you to any of the challenge hosts I have been mentioning - we're always looking for new buddies!

What are your plans for the next 90 days? Let me know!



Comments

  1. Very interesting plans you have there! Sounds like a fun journey to follow you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning is so important, even when it is having fun. Of course, leaving room for spontaneity is important for those time when you just want to go with the flow.

    I will say, you have a busy schedule listed here! Since you enjoy it all, I am sure you will have fun! Thanks for being with us for the Ultimate Blog Challenge. If you want, you can add another round for January ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ambitious! I am going to attempt the December Reflection with Susannah Conway that I have done for several years. I also will do Just Jot January if it is still happening. Yes to the A to Z in April but I don't even have my theme yet! Yikes.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to plan out my blogging calendar. This is good motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Tamara. I love the connections as well. Looks like you will be busy, lol. I would like to look into the A lil HooHaa's Photo Blogging Challenge. Maybe the 20 days of Chill one, but the photo one sounds nice. Thanks for the list and suggestions. Have a good December.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What busy plans you have! I don't monetize on my blog either but love checking stats especially during a challenge month. The beginning of the November challenge it didn't look promising to finish but when I set my mind to a challenge I like to complete it. As of tomorrow, I will have made my 24 consecutive UBC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! Creativity is its own reward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You leave me breathless, Tamara! That's a busy schedule. You're motivating me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That almost makes my head spin! :D

    I'm so trying to just get back into writing on my blog a bit more often, as well as visiting others. I'm trying very hard to make sure I stick with a life planner this year with the hopes of it keeping me more on task, both personally and professionally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.