When one door closes, another one opens



My mental load is going through the roof, and it's only Tuesday night. So much going on at work and at home, and so little opportunities to kick back. 

Yesterday I got the most amazing scalp massage, and this brings us to the continuation of my recent post.

When one door closes, another one opens.

I had my much needed hair appointment, and the lady that was recommended to me by a Facebook acquaintance, was very friendly, and she listened to my story. Then she took the before picture:



Granted, I had my hair up and just removed the clip, so it looks extra terrible, but still! 

Frankly I am ashamed to learn that this is how I have been walking around!

She asked a bunch of questions and then got to work. I could tell she was taking her job - and this particular challenge - seriously. 

She also enlightened me on some myths that the hair product industry keeps spreading, like silicone gels will make your hair shiny, soft and smooth. Who doesn't want this? 

I learnt that the truth about these products is that they wrap around the hair and visually smooth it. But in the process they form a film and seal the hair. Underneath, the hair dries out and can no longer absorb nourishing substances. 

Which brings us back to the picture above!

Now before you check your hair products and breathe a sigh of relief because yours doesn't not say it contains silicone, you're not out of the woods just yet.

Just like sugar in food products comes disguised as dextrose, fructose, glucose or maltose, silicone in beauty products may be called dimethicone, cetyl dimethicone, cetearyl methicone, dimethiconol, stearyl dimethicone or cyclomethicone. 

Wow, who knew? Not me.

The poor lady worked on me and my hair for almost three hours, but look how well spent the time was:



I was very happy with the result and walked out of there like new born!

So tonight I'm taking my new hair out to the hockey game!

The Finnish team Tappara Tampere carry a two-goal aggregate lead heading into the Champions Hockey League semi-finals return game against our guys, EV Zug. 

Wish us luck!


Comments

  1. Your hair looks fantastic! ♥ Thanks for the tip about silicone gel. Going to check all my hair products right now. I hope you catch a break and get some down time soon. Good luck to your team!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.