This Year



A dear friend of mine posted the following:


I was feeling silly, so I filled in the blanks by using predictive text.



However, this "exercise" deserves to be taken seriously, so here goes:


This year I turned 99 years old. At least that's what it feels like.

I will always remember this age because it was the year I went back to work full time for the first time since 2008 when I left for my maternity leave. 

Through everything that happened this year I was kind to myself by indulging in yummy food, and unfortunately it shows. I also kept carving out time to do fun stuff, meet friends and explore my environment. 

I am so proud of myself for the ways I learned to juggle even more priorities and improvise with what little time resources I had without dropping the ball.

This year I was really grateful that the pandemic restrictions were lifted, and we were able to resume our "normal" life. To be honest though, having all the possibilities and activities at your disposal felt overwhelming at times. I'm also grateful for the fact that my parents are doing fine. Three childhood friends lost their Mom, respectively Dad in 2022, and it's hard on them.

Next year I am looking forward to hopefully going back to work part-time in February, allowing for a little time to breathe and get my ducks in a row. 



Where Colin is concerned he will start a new chapter school-wise, so this will be exciting for him. 

If there's a resolution I should probably make, it's to lose some weight and have faith that things will fall into place without my working myself up too much. 

"Worry is a downpayment on a problem you may never have."



How about you? 

What are you proud of? What's the plan for 2023?



Comments