Halloween 2019



The two weeks after fall break are never enough to get ready for Halloween. I have to catch up at the office, get back into the school / hockey routine, resume laundry and grocery runs and start decorating at the same time.

This year, due to not having spent our vacation in North America, I had to fully rely on my boxes in the attic, so I had to work with what I have. Good thing I have accumulated napkins and glow in the dark sticks! 

Earlier in October I participated in a Blog with Friends episode named BOO! So The bathroom has been ready for quite a while. If you look closely you can see somebody photobombed the picture. #ElfOnTheShelf Our Elf has gotten into a routine to pay their Barbie friends a Halloween visit and disappear back to the North Pole until Thanksgiving. 

I don't even know if Colin thinks it's funny, but I always get a kick out of it ;-)



Living room - done!




At a store that is almost comparable to what you know as "Dollar Store" (except there isn't anything in Switzerland that is priced this low) we found these cool skull mugs. As soon as you pour in a hot liquid the eyes lit up.



So what I did before filling them with Mac and Cheese, I preheated them with boiling water. This year I didn't take the time to wrap the sausages with puff pastry = Mummy Dogs.



The boys didn't seem to mind.



Instead I invested some time in the kitchen to make enchilladas for us grown-ups. I even managed to open the Prosecco bottle myself. 



Last year the guys carved out their "right" to go trick or treating alone. 

Before they left, I suggested imposed a curfew uf 8:30pm on them, and of course they weren't happy about it. "10 or 10:30pm" they asked. A bunch of kids, 11 years and younger, who have to be in school at 7:30am the next morning? I don't think so.

Letting the youngsters go on their own gave us the opportunity to enjoy some bat cupcakes and have a chat.



The boys met up with their classmates but decided nobody was going to hand out candy to a group of 15 people, so they swarmed out in smaller groups. Interestingly they were back home earlier than expected. Turned out they encountered some killer clowns, and they were a bit intimidated.



I hugged Colin and locked the door. We don't want the killer clowns to invade and steal the candy!! 


Sadly we had zero Trick or Treaters at our house! My giant bag of candy didn't get any takers. 

As soon as our guests left, I couldn't wait for C to discover our new PJs. I was pretty thrilled to have found them at the local supermarket. Switzerland may not be big on the crazy "American" holiday, but at least some retailers understood they have an actual opportunity here.


To all a good night - oh, wait, that's a different holiday ;-)

Comments

  1. Wow! You really go all out for Halloween. 😃 Love the decorations and especially, the PJs! 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, those mugs are cool! It's so interesting that the American Halloween is catching on everywhere else and it seems to be phasing out here. I didn't get any trick n' treaters either and I didn't hear many out n' about. There are so many organized events and parties and designated "best neighborhood to trick n' treat in," you really have to look for the trick n' treaters. - Your home looks great and I LOVE your pajamas! Very, very cool. - Happy Halloween, belated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know which I love more, those mugs (I NEED them) or those matching PJs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.