Welcome back to A - Z 2021. Yeterday we were trying to kill two birds with one stone.
Today's letter is L for
Life is what you make of it
I can't find the exact quote, but it went like this:
Odie (or Jon?): Garfield, come on, get up, there's a bright new day outside, waiting to be discovered!
Garfield: Awesome, bring it to my bed...
|Photo Credit: Monika Erdei from Pexels|
If you're like Garfield but secretly wish your life to be more exciting, you need to understand this hard truth:
You may work, eat, sleep, rinse and repeat, and if you enjoy this and are happy with it, great! Carry on!
However, if you keep bitching about your weight, your stressful job and your miserable life in general, you need to pick yourself up and take matters into your own hands.
Easier said than done, I'll give you that. Add to that Covid-related restrictions that make our lives even harder.
When you feel overwhelmed by the many things it takes for you to advance in the desired direction, just breathe and remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. Take it one day at a time, take small bites. No matter how slowly you go, just make sure to keep going.
We have one life, and we owe it to ourselves to make the best out of it.
There are people who weren't as lucky to get that far in life. They died of heart disease, stroke, or cancer.
A while ago I had to come up with a Top Ten list on "how do be happy" so I'm sharing it again today:
- There are always at least two sides to the story. Look on the bright side!
- Listen to upbeat music. Sing along loudly! Walking on Sunshine, Katrina & the Waves
- Spend time with kids and / or pets, soak up the unconditional love!
- Call somebody who always manages to make you smile.
- Count your blessings, it could always be worse!
- Take a walk, admire the view, breathe, smell the roses.
- Volunteer, give back - makes you feel good about yourself.
- Enjoy some down-time at the spa or your own bathtub. Light a scented candle or use a drop of essential oil.
- Call it a day and try to get a good nights' sleep in your lucky PJs.
- If all else fails: chocolate, coffee, wine!
Does any of this sound doable? What works for you?
Let me know in the comments below and don't forget to leave the link to your ownL-post.
Tomorrow we'll keep things positive and don't cry over spilled milk.