Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 13: Inspiration


Welcome back to the Ultimate Blog Challenge! It's Day 13 today, and we're supposed to write about Inspiration. What and who inspires us? Can we try and inspire a reader today?

Wow. 

I tried to think about what inspiration even means. To me it's "getting hit by something that leads me to do something."

If I see a beautiful scenery, let's say at the lake, I enjoy it, I take a picture (and I probably post it on social media, hahah.)

Music inspires me in a way that it makes me feel good - or sad, depending on the song, either way, it has an impact on me. 

There's this old Chicago song, by the way, it's called "you're the inspiration". Lovely! 

I realize I have never watched a Chicago video, even though I love their music. So in the name of research I made up for this omission.

It's it is a genuine piece of contemporary history!

People with "big hair" and funny clothes listen to music on Walkmen, read paper newspapers featuring Princess Diana and make phone calls using a landline phone with an extension cord!



Listening to Chicago inspires me to visit the city again. Soon!!!





Speaking of history, I am obsessed about the new ABBA album. Read about it here. 

Back to the definition of "Inspiration":

Earlier this year I got awarded an Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award, which of course is the modern version of the good old chain letter, and the nominees don't really have to be inspiring, but rather good-natured enough to play along ;-) 

During the 2017 A - Z Blogging Challenge I wrote about "Inspiration and Ice Hockey" for the letter I. Going back and reading about how Colin made it to his youth team made me sniffle. 

I got a comment on my hockey player heroes post that said it was inspiring. Here's to hoping today's post will be inspiring to somebody, too.

What people do inspire me?

I would say those who have a brilliant mind, and with one simple remark or question they manage trigger something in me that lingers for a long time.

Here'd an example: When my ex-boyfriend dumped me, I was heartbroken. Since I didn't want to become the person that whines to their friends over and over, and the shrink I went to see once didn't feel like a good fit for me, I contacted the next best person to talk to: a business coach. 

Haha, don't know it till you try it!

I told him the entire story, and it included the fact that while my ex and I were still together, I had a dream about him and a "we're just friends" girl in his life. He assured me they'd always be just friends, and I had nothing to worry about.

Fast forward a couple of months, and he's leaving me for her.

The coach listened attentively and went:

"Well, you sort of threw him into the lion's den yourself. Why would you do that?"

I never looked at it this way. Did my dream (or my telling him about it) cause everything?

We'll lever know, and it's ancient history now. My ex is still with that lady, we are on friendly terms (me and him. Not her!), I am married to my wonderful hubby and have my beautiful son, so it's all good.

Wrapping up this post, I went on Wikipedia to look for an official definition for Inspiration. Here goes:



What does inspiration mean to you?

Are you easily inspired? By what or whom? Let me know below.

Comments

  1. Nicely done! I wrote about Stevie Nicks the other day so there is that. We just saw Chicago in concert in September. They were much better this time than the first time we saw them. Love that fountain. Have a great weekend!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration without action is just dreaming so anything that pushes me out of my comfort zone is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I easily inspired....................mmmmmmmmmmm
    No I don't think I am..............................oh well

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question....what does inspiration mean to me? I have to turn it around because one of my websites and my bi-weekly YouTube Videos are totally dedicated to inspiring and helping others. Personally, I find inspiration in the smallest things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamara, you inspire me. I love it that you are so cheery and positive. You obviously love and am serious about writing here. Do you know that it is my era of big hair and funny clothes?😊 I used to wear my hair like Farrah Fawcett. I remember wearing hot pants. I have the Abba and Chicago LPs. I'm really dating myself now. Thanks for telling me about Tina Turner. I would be doing alot of drive bys if she was my neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am often inspired by your blog, others' writing, and creative pursuits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.