Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 12: Motto

Hello and happy Friday!

Ultimate Blog Challenge, Day 12 is upon us! 

Today's assignment is to talk about a phrase that we live by. 

Intrestingly I dedicated the entire 2021 A - Z blogging challenge to sayings, quotes and phrases. You will find a list of links to every single post and the end of this post. 

The prompt also suggests it could be a song title. I like that. 

Mike and the Mechanics have a few that come into question:

Another cup of coffee - only the title, not the entire lyrics.;-)



Get up (and get control of your life) 

This is something I will often think or say. Life has no remote control. If you're not happy, stop complaining and take matters into your own hands. Actually people who will moan and whine and aks "what should I do" but will never listen, much less do something about it, are a bit of a pet peeve of mine. 


The living years



You need to do and say the things that matter now - not later, especially not when it's too late.
So if you need to apologize or tell someone you love them, please do it. Today!

What is your personal phrase or motto?

Let me know below. 


PS: As promised here's the overview of my 2021 A - Z posts:

A = The Apple doesn't fall far from the Tree

B = Cross that Bridge when you come to it

C = Can't have your Cake and eat it, too

D = All Duck or no Dinner

E = Don’t put all your Eggs in one Basket

F = Don’t look to the Floor for Pennies, look to the Sky for Rainbows

G = All that glistens isn't Gold.

H = Home is where your Heart is

I = Strike while the Iron is hot

J = (Some score) from the East German Judge

K = Kill two Birds with one Stone

L = Life is what you make of it

M = Don't cry over spilled Milk

N = Networking is an enrichment program, not an entitlement program

O = The Odds are One in a Million

P = Don't adorn yourself with borrowed Plumes

Q = Quicker than Lager turns to Piss

R = Rome wasn't built in a day

S =  Swim with the Sharks

T = Travel broadens your Mind

U = Two things are infinite. The Universe and human Stupidity

V = You can catch more Flies with Honey than you can with Vinegar

W = The early Bird catches the Worm

X = You have to kiss many Xenopus to find a Prince

Y =  The Days are long, but the Years are short

Z = Zero in



Comments

  1. It's not mine per se. It's from Rav Hillel the elder....
    If I am not for me, then who shall be?
    And, if I'm only for me, what am I?
    And, if not now, when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really thought about my life motto -- one probably is Git 'er done! LOL Just get on with it and get it done. I will have to reconsider to find a more appropriate one! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is the same as it has been for over 50 years -- DO IT RIGHT - DO IT NOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. My motto I live by is: No matter what, get up, dress up and show up. It was coined by Regina Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two: Never give up! Never surrender! and The most painful thing to experience is not defeat but regret.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your playfulness with the topic yet weaving in some serious advice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.