Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 24: Coffee & Chat



Today it's Day 24 for our Ultimate Blog Challenge, and here's the assignment - I couldn't be more excited:

If you were sitting on your front porch or in a coffee shop with one of your blog readers, what would you chat about? What would you like them to know? Or what would you like to know about them? 

One of our fellow ultimate bloggers, Lily, already did a post that she named if we were having coffee, and if the two of us really met for a cuppa, I'd want to learn more about her journey of moving to Canada. See, she was a little girl growing up in China and Hong Kong and imagined coming to a land of colourful balloons and cotton candy. 

If I had the chance to have coffee with Janet, I'd make her take me to San Francisco and show me all the sights she described in the 2021 A - Z, especially the hearts. In exchange for her being my tour guide, I'd help her finding her lost engagement ring.

Coffee with Martha would have to be extended to coffee and hot chocolate because I would definitely want her to bring sweet Lia, the princess.

I'm dying to hear how Jeanine's Thanksgiving went down. Has she recovered from her cough? What did she cook, and whom did she end up inviting???

It'd be a great pleasure to meet Cheryl for coffee. Not sure how easy or hard our communication would be due to her suffering from aphasia, but I'm sure we'd find a way!

I'd love to chat with Debi about how to make her delicious creamed corn and swap some baking recipes. 

Everyone else? I'm sure we'd find tons to talk about. At the very least we'd have this writing challenge in common, right?

If all else fails, I could just go on and on talking about the coffee we're enjoying. For several years in a row, I went through the process to become a Coffee Master with Starbucks. 

This involved acquiring a lot of knowledge in the field of coffee cultivation, processing and roasting. A number of coffees had to be tasted, described and assigned to their origin. Food pairings might have been as common as chocolate cake and as unusual and surprising as raw mushroom or Camembert cheese.

Successful completion of all requirements, allowed the participant to wear the black apron. So to speak, the black belt of coffee lovers.

Hopefully I would be smart enough to shut up in time though ;-)

There's another topic that is currently dear to my heart. It's the Elf on the Shelf. Ours will make her comeback tomorrow morning. 

Cookie - that's her name - first visited us in 2013. Every morning we'd find her in a different spot. Oftentimes she'd do pranks or bring a surprise.




Last year, what's with the pandemic and everything, things were a bit different, and I think she wanted some company, that's how Biscuit (so to speak Cookie's British counterpart, courtesy of my worldly son) joined the family. 





Let me tell you, this was twice the fun and double the trouble! At some point we couldn't find them for a few days, and Santa had to print a missing elves note on the milk jugs! Luckily, thanks to a clue on Barbie's instagram, we found out where they had disappeared to, and it didn't take long for them to return safe and sound.

Once back to their daily routine, they took "making a gingerbread house" a litte too literally, hahaha.

Speaking of gingerbread. Here's a fun psychology quiz for you:


Credit: Pip Wilson


Pick a gingerbreadman in the tree. Go with your first instinct. Let me know in the comments which one you chose!

That's it for now. I hope you enjoyed having coffee and a chat with me.

Comments

  1. YOU ROCK! I LOVE THIS! Coffee is life. And now I have to go find some corn. That recipe looks delish! Thank you for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, this is the best post ever!! And LOLOL about me and my *cough*! Also, WOW - Princess Lia. That couldn't be more perfect. And finally, I had a hard time deciding between 1, 15 and 46. Number 1 looked happiest, number 15 looked the most open and friendly and number 46 looked like "happy family." But in the end, I decided on 1 if the gingerbread is me and 15 if the gingerbread is my new best friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post, Tamara! ☺ I can imagine there was a lot involved in becoming a Starbucks expert. You and I would probably enjoy chatting about hockey, perhaps in Hochdeutsch (since I couldn't master Schwyzertüütsch)? Your two elves are so cute and inventive. It must be lots of fun, planning their adventures. You are so creative! P.S. my choice of gingerbread man was #5. Saw the Facebook meme on a friend's wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post! I am not a coffee person, but love to meet up for tea sometime :) I have to laugh at the elf on the stuff stuff. I don't have any kids, but have many who do whom have shared some of the crazy stores about them, lol. Brought back a few laughs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked number 10. I've never done the Elf on a Shelf, but I have heard horror stories from the parents who do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for the love my friend! I would be delighted to take you on a tour of SF. I haven't given up hope on finding my ring just yet, but if I don't have it by our anniversary in May I may ask for a redo of our vows and then it would be appropriate to get a new ring. As for the psych quiz, I'm #10 because that's my birthday but I also might be #15. What's it mean?

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a very fun post. I’m sure we would all have a great time having coffee with you. I am so impressed by your coffee master certification.

    Looking forward to the elf on the shelf antics.

    Until next time…..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very adept conversationalist and writer, Tamara. Very enjoyable sharing a conversation and coffee with you. I pick gingerbreadman #19. He reminds me of my grumpy self, pouting on high.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a coffee person don't like the taste or smell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't it be awesome if we all could get together for a real life chat?? I loved your post and thank you for inviting Lia to come along. Since she will be coming, I'm sure she will bring lots of home made cookies to go with the hot chocolate! As for my number, it would have to be 7 or 5. Seven becuase we have 7 grandchildren and 5 because both Lia and her mom were our 5th grand and great grand!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.