Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 25: What's on my Desk right now?


Happy Thanksgiving on Day 25 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge! Today we get to pick our assignment. Here's the selection:

  1. My favorite free tools / resources on the web
  2. What's on my desk right now
  3. My top three YouTube videos 
  4. If I had to pick one website to visit today
  5. What do you want to be when you grow up
  6. My favorite quote
  7. Best bumper sticker ever

Call me overachiever, but I have decided to do them all. Because why not? Here goes:

Among my favorite free tools are Canva that I use to create anything that combines pictures and text. Sometimes pictures have backgrounds I want to get rid off. In that case I refer to Remove. If I don't have my own pictures for a post, I often find fantastic photographs on Unsplash. For my YouTube videos I can find uplifting music on Bensound and Purple Planet. If I need help translating, I quite like Deepl.

What's on my desk right now? This can be understood in two different ways. Like what's on my agenda that needs to get done? That'd be bills. Boring. Or what's literally on my desk? You can see it at the top of this post. It had been hanging out for pretty much a year, and I worked hard to finish it today. It's my very own miniature Christmas Coffee Shop. You know - for coffee and chats with you guys!

My top three YouTube videos? They may change every couple of days. Here's four hours of Mozart's piano concerts. If I'm in the mood for an entertaining cooking show, I like to watch something on Epicurious. On "How to Switzerland" I like to keep up with an American lady who's married to a Swiss guy. They vlog about some surprising differences between living in the U.S. and Switzerland.

A website to visit today? You mean, on top of the dozen tabs that are open every day? I have been meaning to order my personalized cereal box on Kelloggs.

What do I want to be when I grow up? Isn't it a little late to be thinking about that? In my Day 22 "A Day in the Life of..." I was talking about my son's desire to become a journalist, and Andrew suspected that I myself wanted to follow this career path. Partly true! When it was time for me to check out a field of study, I attended orientation events for psychology and journalism. Never mind that I ended up choosing good old business, today I'm an HR person, a mom and a blogger. Not too bad combining all of them, right? 

I have been talking about my favorite sayings, phrases and quotes throughout this years' A - Z blogging challenge and even on Day 12 - "Motto". If I had to pick one right now, I'd choose - for no particular reason, other than my saying it often - "Ain't nobody got time for that" by Sweet Brown.

Finally here's my favorite bumper sticker. It's not technically on the bumper, but let's not split hairs about it. It's my own - given by a friend and fellow Hockey Mom - and I love it. I hear that some younger siblings of Colin's teammates actually think that's what I'm called. Like their own Mom is "just Mom", and Colin's Mom is "Hockey Mom". Cute, eh?




Before I leave, here's some answers for you lovely people who picked a gingerbread person: Here's what it means, according to psychologist Pip Wilson:

If you chose the little man 2 or 3, then you are an ambitious and confident person. You know that you will succeed all the time and that convenient situations will always come up to help you in your progress. 


Little man number 1 is a self-assured person, content with his life and optimistic. He is an intelligent person, the capable should see in perspective.


Little man number 21 is a person who tries but does not know how to find the best solutions for his life. He is a little man who must learn to ask for help from those around him and to give up his suspicious nature.


If you chose the little man 9, 19, or 4, it defines you as a non-social, suspicious, and confident person. The number 19 man can have narcissistic inclinations and is envious of the success of others.


The number 4 little man gives up too quickly, does not trust his extraordinary potential. And the number 9 little man will do anything to prove that he is wonderful too, but it is easier to keep his lonely side because in this way he justifies his mistrust in others.


Little people 7, 11, 12 characterize communicative people who know how to offer support to their friends. These people are characterized by a high emotional intelligence that helps them successfully deal with life situations. They have team spirit, they see the bright side and they find solutions all the time.


The number 5 little man is creative, loves life, enjoys every moment, loves, and knows how to be grateful to all the good things around him. This helps him to maintain a positive outlook and so he always has open doors to all the best!


The number 6 little man needs to feel loved, protected, and safe. He is the kind of person who always falls in love with the wrong person, because of his unwed need for affection and love. This little man must learn to look more carefully for those who can help him in his evolution, and not those who do not understand his vulnerability.


The number 13 little man is filled with despair and the loss of hope. He must do his best to recalibrate himself to the tree of life and he can easily regain confidence in himself again, seeking the support of his loved ones!


The little people 16, 17, and 18 are optimistic, full of life, with team spirit, perform in any field, and look at the challenges with detachment. The number 18 little man likes to feel loved and appreciated, and when he feels it, he becomes your best friend!


The number 14 little man is a soul, a philanthropist, he would do anything to help others. He is characterized by a lot of empathy and a "great soul". This little man should learn to take care of himself, not just others!


The 10, 15, and 20 men are winners. I love the taste of success, even if everyone has different ways to achieve it. The number 20 man is ambitious, confident, and full of life, is an innovator, and is not afraid to take risks. His detachment and passion bring him many achievements and satisfaction.


Little man number 10 is ambitious, but also very cautious. He is hardworking and determined, that's why he is successful, pretty much anything he wants. His ideas always stand out and he is appreciated in any environment. And the number 15 little man is motivated by the beauty of the road to success rather than the success itself. He is curious to know new things, to have new experiences, to meet people, and to learn something from each one.


The number 8 little man is a dreamer and romantic. He likes to have some moments just to himself. This is how he regains his energy and the mood for life and socialization. It is good for the loved ones to understand their need for isolation and not to misconstrue it, to understand it, and to leave the space it needs.





I picked 10 and 15 for myself, and I'm pretty happy with what it means. What do you think? Is yours accurate? 


What's on your desk today? Do you have a favorite quote? What do you want to be when you grow up? Let me know below!



Comments

  1. That coffee shop miniature is delightful! 😃

    Canva is a great tool for bloggers and anyone interested in making their own graphics. I sprung for the pro version, which also allows for resizing and has more choice of elements and templates. P.S. I'm on Unsplash 📷

    You are obviously suited for your chosen profession, but as a mom, your interest in psychology has likely been useful also. And your writing skills would serve you well as a journalist. 👌

    My choice of gingerbread man was 5 and yes, it totally fits. 😎

    Another fabulous post, Tamara! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody good post, interesting and informative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I'm narcissistic! I am a bit non-social and suspicious. And I could get jealous. I didn't fare well at all. You're very festive and ready for Christmas. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving along with the Americans on the same date?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun assortment of information! I appreciate your free resource list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I picked 5 or 7 and both fit me perfectly! I'm creative and love to offer support to others. As for CANVA I LOVE that program!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamara, Happy Thanksgiving! I didn't find the Day 25 prompt, either, but I found your recent post, so hello! You've hit a number of high points. So: I enjoy Canva enough to have signed up for the pro version-- fun! Be careful with Unsplash now; just purchased by Shutterstock, so I can't find free images there anymore. Sad! I think, from the top picture, that somebody loves Starbucks. And really, who could blame you? Thanks for a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I picked 15, too. And 1. Those gingerbread person baskets are adorable!! I'd love to have one. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the great suggestions! There aren't enough hours in the day, but SLEEP is also important!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post to use all the suggestions. I saved the list so I can do one at a time - LOL.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.