Secret Subject Swap - Wrestling

Welcome to December's Secret Subject Swap


Again four brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  

Sit back, grab a cup and check them all out:

Baking In A Tornado
The Diary of an Alzheimer Caregiver
Climaxed
Part-Time Working Hockey Mom


My subject is 

If you were a professional wrestler, what character would you choose? What would your finishing move, catchphrases, and backstory be?

It was submitted by: Climaxed - thank you, Jennyi! 

I don't know the slightest thing about wrestling. A wrestler picks a character? They have a catchphrase and a finishing move? 

Looking at myself in my current situation I'd have to go with the following:






My character is Speedy Gonzales, the little hyperactive mouse from Looney Tunes. 

I run around, trying to wrestle with all of my chores.

Speedy's catchphrase is "Arriva, Arriva, Andale, Andale" which stands for let's go! 

As for the finishing move, it's pulling down the oversized sombrero to cover my entire face to take a nap - I mean siesta. I wish. It does sound good, though, right?

This has been week seven of my working full time at the office while juggling my other responsibilities as a (Hockey) Mom. 

It's been a hectic ride, and while I don't mind the work itself, I don't like that every waking moment of my days is filled with stuff to do, and I'm never done. I don't get to do proper grocery shopping, laundry doesn't get folded and put away, family members have to grab their clothes from the basket, I have to wing meals on the go, and this year's Elf on the Shelf season has been lame.

This is why I'm sharing a picture from past  times, just because we're thinking about Mexican food (we are, right? I am!!)




The other day I was thinking it's amazing how you "function" when you need to. I just need everything else to work like clockwork, too. I can't have a washing machine or a car breaking down, and nobody can't get sick.

How have things been going?

On the other hand, however, I have firmly resolved not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and still have some quality time with Colin and enjoy the pre-Christmas season.

Here's what I have managed to far:
  • Two trips to Basel: to visit the Fall Fair and Harley Santas
  • Attended - and filmed - everyone of Colin's hockey games, except the one he missed because he caught the flu.
  • Blogging about it.

So while other people's motto is "Eat - Sleep - Repeat" - mine would be
  • Insomiac as ever
  • No time to finish some of my meals
  • Arriva, Arriva, Andale, Andale!
How have you been doing? Let me know below and please take the time to visit my fellow bloggers' posts.

Comments

  1. Of course, when you really need everything to go right is exactly when things start to go wrong. Hope you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.