Ultimate Blog Challenge - What brings you Joy?



Welcome back to Day 2 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Today the question is

What brings you Joy?

There are so many things that bring me joy. I participated in the #100HAPPYDAYS challenge a number of times, and one time I analyzed my posts in detail and concluded the top ten things that made me happy were the following:



It's almost ten years ago, but I think it still pretty much applies.

    1. Colin, the sweet little everyday things, laughs, achievements
    2. Food (surprised? I don't think so), special mention of asparagus, strawberries and cherries
    3. Family and friends. Reconnecting with old ones, seeing or hearing from "stable" ones, making new ones - there's a very good chance that YOU are among either group :-)
    4. Day trips, events, parties, guests, going out 
    5. Crafts, baking & decorating - had I done this challenge between Oct and Dec, this category might have ended up on the victory podium. Think Halloween and Elf on the Shelf :-) 
    6. Personal freedom, shopping. blogging, SBUX 
    7. Sunrise, sunshine, sunset, rainbows, full moons
    8. Making the best of it*
    9. Hockey & soccer (that was in 2014, the World championships took place in Brazil. I don't care for soccer for the rest of the year)
    10. (Sparkling) wine & coffee, movies, TV, music, online games (which demonstrates what? Alcohol and gadgets don't make you happy!)
    *What about this special category I created, "making the best of it"? It's code for "it wasn't the best of days cause there was poop involved, chocolate smeared bedding, a fight, dental work, I felt blue, bloated or bummed for some reason, or all of the above, but even on those days, something positive turned up! 

    Well, something turned up, and I cared enough to notice. 

    I really think people could do themselves a favor if they didn't look for something to whine about or somebody to blame for their misfortune, but tried to find the positive.

    What brings you joy? Let me know below and be sure to come back tomorrow.


    PS: I just found out my blog series can be concluded early, and I may take October off. Over on Jeanine's blog there is the answer to my question: 

    What is your purpose? --> To shine! 

    Briliant, check it out. 

    Comments

    1. Wow!! Thank you so much for mentioning and linking to me! Yes, to Shine. And to create joy. I was happy when I saw your post topic. What brings me joy? Food! Talking to my son. Christmas movies. Connecting with God and my spirit team. Love your list.

      ReplyDelete
    2. If always said people need to think more positive than negative. There is always something we can think of to bring us joy. My favorite, as you can probably guess is my great granddaughter Lia! She brings so much joy to everyone and the joy she brings to me when we have our baking days is so special. So food also brings me joy as I'm cooking with Lia!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I generally find joy in almost everything I do. Which certainly makes the day fly by.

      ReplyDelete
    4. What brings me joy ANIMALS- more specifically my Dogs! Without my dogs I would have become one of the 22 veterans/ soldiers a day who commit suicide! They literally saved my life and make my smile and hold on as they lie by my side and comfort me and my HIGH anxiety.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Tamara, thank you for this subject! You may be the first person ever to ask me what brings me joy. Joy: my morning spiritual practice (around 40 minutes), God's artwork in the ever-changing skies (clouds, Sun, Moon, stars, weather, rainbows), a dog waddling up to me with tail wagging, a tiny child running up and hugging my leg, beauty, photography, colors, gardening/photographing the garden, delicious food/creating it, talking or lunching with a friend, watching BBC dramas, exercising while watching BBC dramas...

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.