Fun

Welcome back to our monthly video challenge!

In February, A lil Hoohaa launched a monthly video challenge, first topic being "Potpourri". In March he invited us to tell our personal story. For the April project he sent us to experience some outdoor adventures. In May, we were supposed to document a day in the life, and in June we got to show you our towns. July’s theme was “Tradition”, and this month we get to have "Fun"!

Now this should be a non-brainer, right? It's summertime, and having fun should be the baseline?!




There may be something wrong with me, but I can't recall how many things I lately said "this is not my idea of fun!" A lot of it had to do with the heatwave happening in Europe, and as I may have mentioned a time or seven, in Switzerland, most private residences as well as older commercial buildings do not come with air conditioning. So I have been suffering physically and as time went by, mentally. I didn't feel like going out there to get roasted like popcorn. 

Add to that the fact that the Lindsay Clancy case was broadcast. A case I was very interested in because the defendant was such an unlikely "perpetrator" even though she admitted to having killed her three young children. I wrote a post about my take. 

I usually shoot fresh footage for every monthly challenge. This time, though, I'm going to dip into my archives and use video from a trip earlier this year. After all, the point of the challenge is to have fun, and forcing myself out into the August heat just to produce new footage would have been pretty much the opposite of that.

Constance (Konstanz in German) and Meersburg may be two very different towns, but together they make a wonderful Lake Constance experience. Konstanz, with its lively streets, historic old town and lakeside atmosphere, feels distinctly urban, while Meersburg, perched above the lake with its vineyards, narrow lanes and picturesque castle, has a much more intimate, almost storybook character. They are easily combined in a day, especially since the ferry connects the two sides of the lake, and that journey across the water is part of the experience itself. In this video, I’m taking you along to explore both towns and see what makes each of them special. 




So there you have it: a little trip back to earlier in the year, when the weather was pleasant, I actually felt like going out, and apparently I knew how to have fun. 😉 I hope you enjoy coming along to Konstanz and Meersburg with me, and maybe it will give you an idea for a future trip of your own.

Please also check out the other participants' contributions here.


Comments