Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 17: Fun





Welcome back to the Ultimate Blog Challenge. 

For Day 17's blog post we're supposed to write about what we do in our business or personal life that is fun?

Really? Fun? This feels like the most challenging prompt so far. How do I go about this?



Good thing toddlers get older and more independent. Things have turned around. These days it's the teenager who occupies the bathroom for the longest time. 

Kidding aside.

My busy schedule doesn't leave much room for fun as in "let's go somewhere and do something." Especially if it involves other people like a fellow (part-time) working Mom.

That's why (there's another reason, too. I will tell you about it in a minute) I have been trying to incorporate fun little things into our routine. 

Example: I literally just found out - and I'm super excited - that the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck will be in our area in early December. We'll try and stop there on our way to hockey practice. I think it's magical, and it never gets old. They play Melanie Thornton's Wonderful Dream over and over, and it makes me happy!



The other reason for sprinkling fun bits over a regular day: I think it's important to enjoy life now. 

Now as opposed to as soon as... or later. 

 Know what I mean? 

In the foreseeable time there won't be opportunities for world trips or huge projects that require chunks of time. That doesn't mean that we can't take short trips and enjoy small stuff. 

There's nothing sadder than hearing about people who worked their butts off for years and years in order to finally be able to afford that dream home or trip to Australia and they end up getting really sick or worse. My friend's Dad passed away a month after retiring. He had so many plans. 

So I say if you can't purchase that villa or book the trip to Down Under, decorate your current apartment to make it look fancy and go out for dinner at Outback Steakhouse now!

Speaking of decorating. It's only November 17, but you have my blessing to put up that Christmas tree if you feel like it!

Same goes for wearing clothes, lighting candles or drinking wine that you have been keeping for a special purpose. If you wait too long that wine becomes undrinkable and you might not fit into that dress anymore.

So what else do I do that is fun? 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we have the Elf on the Shelf who visits every season. 

They are full of mischief, like the time when they too the term making a gingerbread house a little too literal, or when filled Oreo cookies with toothpaste, body lotion and hair conditioner. Naughty elves! 



They do sweet things, too. One day they brought ingredients and a recipe for magical cupcakes.

They will go for a ride the dryer, or do a daily quiz for the smart kid they visit.

Last year they had to improvise due to the pandemic. Usually they fly to the North Pole to report to Santa every night. International travel was of course not possible in December of 2020, so they had to communicate via Zoom Meeting. 

How about you? What fun things to you like to do?


Comments

  1. How fun that Coke truck looks. We have a holiday train that rides down the peninsula. It used to stop in our town but then they elevated the train so now it doesn't stop but if I stand on my front porch I can watch it go by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun. I am a big fan of fun near home. This weekend, we'll be wandering around local communities to celebrate the annual seaside Christmas festival with hot chocolate and tasty treats while we admire all the holiday decorations and work of local artists. We were not able to participate this year because our home studio space is not very COVID friendly but that means this year, we will get to go on an adventure and see what everyone else is doing, which we usually don't get a chance to do. Lots of opportunity for holiday fun. BTW, it looks like you have some extra clever and devious elves on your shelves. I'm glad you could capture that cute image of them at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to read about other people's fun things. I think you are fun, Tamara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting and fun to see the Coke Truck in your town! I have fun just being with my family, my hubby and I will celebrate 56 years together on Christmas day when we met in 1965. We have fun with our granddaughter and great-granddaughter who live with us and bring so much joy to the family. We have fun just being together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so important to incorporate fun into life! It's true, one never knows what tomorrow will bring, so go for the gusto, now. It's excellent advice to make your fun where and when you can. I love the Coca-Cola truck and the Elves! ☺ Thanks to COVID, I think we are all more open to enjoying the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like seeing the Coke truck in person....................
    I do like the Christmas season..................

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.