Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 23: Picture... Also: Answers



It's Day 23 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Today we're supposed to ask our readers to share a picture that we post on Facebook - let's see how far it goes. 

You can find a shareable version of the Christmas tree above on my blog's Facebook page.

While you're there, would you mind liking my page? Thanks so much!

Now on to yesterday's questions:

Danwil asked whether I made the pretty sushi. 

Ha! No way, José. 

In the post, I was talking about our day at the Mall. That's where we go for sushi. A restaurant called Yojji's. You can see a video of the Sushi Train on my Instagram post (swipe a couple of times). 

Or maybe the question was about the cinnamon roll? I didn't make that one either, even though I'm more capable of baking than rolling sushi. Probably the last time I made cinnamon rolls at home was when we did Sweden for our lockdown project. No, wait, it was when I celebrated my 900th blog post. Twice in one year, wow.

Here's an interesting question from Jeanine: In America, we joke about "being Switzerland," and we mean that we aren't going to take sides or get involved, but will remain neutral. Would you say that you have this tendency in yourself?

First off, I'm a peace-loving person. I'm certainly not looking for conflict and disruption. Every once in a while, however, I will go out on a limb. Like the other day when I took a stand on the subject of the pandemic.

I blogged about Switzerland's neutrality as part of my 2019 A - Z challenge. In a nutshell I said I feel like sometimes "being neutral" serves our politicians and economy leaders, and even us as a general population, as means to avoid confrontation and make money in the process. 

What do I mean by that? 

Our arms industry is exporting its goods into belligerent countries. Also let's not forget our "role" in World War I and II. Switzerland maintained armed neutrality and was a safe heaven for refugees, which is truly great. On the other hand, our banks were hiding Allies and Nazi gold.

Lily wanted to know what kind of business I work for. It's IT. Computers. Servers. Software. Tech Stuff. Actually I did talk about it on Day 7: Ten Years ago  vs Ten Years from now. 

Since we're less than a dozen people, I can't exclusively do HR. My main job is therefore to prepare quotations and orders, order goods and coordinate their delivery to the end customer. I also support users of the ERP program that we sell. If they have questions about payroll, timekeeping, and simple accounting transactions, I can usually help. If it gets more complex, I'm happy to pass the request on to my husband.

That's it for today. 

How's your tuesday going so far? Let me know!


PS: Where did I find this Christmas tree? At a hockey arena where Colin (#57) and his teammates  were playing recently, of course. He scored two goals, yay!




Comments

  1. Thanks so much for answering my question! I am a peace-loving person, too, but also take a stand when needed. Off to read your pandemic post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and your explanation of living in a neutral country—the pros and cons. Actually, I don’t believe we’ll ever find true peace on earth. It’s never been so since the beginning of history. But there is a way to find peace in the conflict or struggle I’m facing. I am grateful for that hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that there would be cons to living in a neutral country. Hadn't thought about that. That's a beautiful tree. Congrats to Colin on his goals.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree picture! I shared on Twitter and my FB page! Hope it goes viral!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, you are a swiss knife of services :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a multi talented woman. A very beautiful Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.