20 Days of Chill - DIY

Welcome back to 20 Days of Chill. Today's assignment is 

DIY

In my book it mainly stands for useful projects around the house. Like building your own walk-in closet or shoe rack. So naturally I am a bit worried.

I did look it up though, just to be sure: 

The phrase DIY is basically used to describe activities performed by amateurs without professional help. 

OK. Activities. Just stuff done by regular folks. So I don't need to know my way around drills and other intimidating tools and machines.

My DIYs include baking ingredients, color printers and cardboard. 

Like this one - I originally made the LEGO man for Colin's 7th birthday party. 




He stuck around for Halloween 2015




And 2016




Christmas / Elf on the Shelf




Special Agent L.E.G.O. turned up again for a special mission on Valentine's Day




At some point we celebrated IKEA's birthday by presenting a very special cake to them. It definitely qualifies as a DIY project, wouldn't you agree?




Mr LEGO strapped on his tool belt and helped!




Well done! Introducing: the Ball Pit Cake!




On two consecutive St. Patrick's Days he joined the Leprechauns. Wow, I realize he was part of our family for a long time! His last assignment was in May 2027. We called him Fergus O'Brien, and he was the mascot for a Scavenger Hunt around the World. 






The wooden rainbow was a team effort: I planned and designed it. Some local inmates did the woodworking part, and then 6yo Colin painted the plain rainbow. 




The Leprechaun Hotel is another cardboard project.





How about these cute little leprechaun? They're simply made from TP rolls.





And here's my attempt at crocheting Barbie's dress.




Phew, glad I could refer to some of my beloved party items to create this post! 

Are you a crafty person as in sawdust and tool bench? Let me know below.


Comments

  1. Ahhh yes, DIY can be so many things! It's the beauty of it. There are some wonderful projects out there that are DIY. So where is the lego man now? Is he still roaming?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.