Ten

Welcome back to another episode of A'lil Hoohaa's monthly photo blogging challenge. 

For PJ, our host, it has ten years that he's been doing this. In celebration of this anniversary, our pictures today will represent the figure ten.

I've been on board since 2017, so I have contributed to FourFiveSixSeven,
 Eight and Nine. 

In the early years it was somewhat easier to come up with photo subjects that represent two or three, but now - ten? Ten fingers, can you think of anything else that comes in a group of ten? I had to come up with a different approach for this post.

Have you ever seen the sun like this? I haven't, and I was intrigued. I stopped what I was doing and kept my camera ready to capture the sunset. It must be spectacular! I mean, a regular sunset at this lake is fantastic, but today must be extra special, I thought. To my disappointment, the sun literally disappeared into the fog within ten minutes. It was like the sun was swallowed before it could regularly set. It was the strangest thing. 



Ten pieces of sushi. It was one of the last practice nights of this season. I dropped Colin at the arena, went to the mall, got a small container for me and a slightly larger one for him - which he was going to eat in the car on our way home - and watched the boys train. It was an intense season, and yet, as every year, I'm having a hard time to let go.




Good thing the end of hockey season coincides with the beginning of spring. Time for me to get obsessed about cherry and magnolia blossoms. There is this one particular neighborhood in Zurich that is famous for a few streets that are lined with these fabulous trees. Now to find the time to go there on a nice day, as in sunshine. The weather app sort of made false promises. Contrary to the forecast, when I arrived, it was overcast. Huge dark clouds were veerey slowly passing in front of the sun. My clock was ticking, I had to be back home in time to make lunch. Sky, I'm giving you ten minutes to clean up your act, come on! The sky obeyed. Look how well it did!




If only traffic would do the same! Congestion, go away, I don't have all day! Well, while stuck in the right lane before the freeway junction, we were rewarded with a fantastic rainbow! It only lasted for about ten seconds, and in reality It was much better visible than in the picture, but still. If you've been following me for a while you know that I always love a good rainbow. 




Our state's capital is about ten km = six miles from our home. It's where I went to college, and on my search for magnolia trees I found this gorgeous building within walking distance of the campus. Back then I obviously never paid attention.  

This time around I found out it's called Villa Magnolia - how aptly named! It houses a residential community of people with special needs. It's part of a foundation that offers protected workplaces in areas such as sewing, bakery or laundry. 

It makes me so happy that blogging - and in particular this photo challenge - keeps me on my toes exploring and researching!



Here's a bonus picture: ten degrees of temperature riseI The day before snow came back to our region. When we got up the next morning, it was around 8°C = 46°F. So already considerably warmer than the day before. By 2 or 3pm the Chinook or Foehn had stirred things up, and I found myself leaving the jacket behind and rolling up my sleeves, enjoying this fabulous view! You can't usually see these mountains from here, so it was a really special treat. What about the temps? 18°C = 64°F. Crazy. 



I hope you enjoyed spending ten minutes with me.  Now please head over to our host's post, wish him happy anniversary and check out my fellow photo bloggers' contributions!

Preview: Starting April 1st, I'll be participating in another round of Blogging from A - Z. For this year's topic I chose to share my mishaps. I know, right? Something happened for every letter of the alphabet..?! Keep your eyes open.


Comments

  1. The thing with some of these themes is that is a little harder than it should be! But good job interpreting. The bonus photo is gorgeous. Sometimes it's pretty amazing what life brings you. One of these years, too, I keep saying I am going to Washington DC when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom -- eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, 10 definitely called for more creativity than some of the earlier years' anniversary posts. And you nailed it. As I sit here looking out the window and snow-covered mountain peaks and back yard lawn, I so appreciate those beautiful magnolia blossoms. And how clever to place the orange scooter in the bottom left corner to provide a beautiful trio of colour pops in the street photo. Thanks for a very enjoyable 10 minutes. And good luck with the Blogging from A - Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some rainbows too! They are always gone too quickly. Your interpretation of the prompt is fabulous! Ten is so open to many options. Cherry blossoms and magnolias are so gorgeous. Your capture is beautiful. My daughters and grands would be all over that sushi! 💜
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2023/04/01/march-photo-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos again. Thanks so much for sharing your world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.