A - Z Blogging Challenge 2023 - Theme Reveal



Welcome to the 2023 A-Z Blogging Challenge Theme Reveal post!


We'll be posting ever weekday throughout the month of April. There is going to be a blog post for each and every of the 26 letters of the alphabet - yes, even the hard ones - which makes this a daily job, except Sundays.

It's going to be my ninth time around. Wow, time is flying while you're having fun!

In 2015 I was talking about aspects of the life of a (part-time) working Mom, there wasn't even much hockey in the picture yet. There were, however, balancing acts, commutes, caffeine, guilty feelings and overwhelm, just to name a few.

In 2016 I was invited to a wedding at the West coast, and it came at pretty short-notice, so for a moment I worried about the challenge. The next second I decided this was genius, my theme was going to be on the go, and voilà, A is for Arrival in Los Angeles, P is for Pike Place Market and Z is for when I got back to Zurich.

In 2017 I had ambitious goals of losing 30 pounds and getting into shape, and I did! From Avocado Brownies till Zumba, I just about covered everything.

The following year, 2018, I took you on a journey, kind of a trip around the world, even. 26 cities or national parks I have visited and loved! I used S for Sydney, so I had to squeeze in San Francisco at O is for Oakland ;-)

In 2019 I was talking about all things justice system! 
Prosecution and defense, forensics and polygraph tests - I tried to cover it all.

In 2020 I was talking about Switzerland, my quadrilingual home country. I told you what an alpine ascent is, what cheese varieties go into a Swiss Fondue, and more importantly how the holes get into the Emmentaler. Also you got to learn about International Organizations (think UN, WHO, Red Cross) in Switzerland. I threw in some sightseeing and yodelling of course.

In 2021 I used sayings, idioms, proverbs and quotes and made them come to life. So we picked apples - the ones that didn't fall far from the Tree and swam with the Sharks and confirmed that Travel broadened our Minds.

In 2022 I took you guys on a coffee tour. We talked about roasting and preparing all kinds of Coffee Types, some of which may have been a little controversial, such as Kopi Luwak, aka cat poop coffee ;-)


So it's 2023! What are we going to do this year? 

Without giving too much away in advance, I will share my mishaps with you, and you'll get to laugh with me, because looking back, it's easy to laugh at things that went wrong, am I right? 

I've been on the road quite a lot, so expect to read about canceled planes, lost bags and missed exits, you get the picture. The good news is, I lived to tell, so in one way or another I managed to handle these situations somewhat gracefully. 

There's more good news. 

In an attempt to finally get organized, I wrote my posts ahead. Yes, for the first time on my A - Z journey, I have prepared every single one, which today I am so glad about. My colleague will be on vacation for the better part of the month of April, meaning I'll have to work full time.

So if I've calculated correctly, there are 19 sleeps until we kick this season off! Can't wait to reconnect with my old A - Z friends and meet new ones!

What will you be writing about? Leave me the link to your post in the comment, so I can check it out!

Comments

  1. How exciting! Looking forward to reading about someone else's mishaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun topic, although I imagine not all of them were amusing while they happened. Congratualtions to having done your posts in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to this! I'm doing two this year. One on dbmcnicol.com and one on authorshutterbug.com Yup, I'm a glutton for punishment. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great theme -- and one everyone can relate to! Glad you are participating again this year. Looking forward to laughing, crying and identifying with your mishaps when April comes. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed your tale of woe when you pranged the car on a tree - or rather I enjoyed the way you told it so looking forward to another year's offering from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea… we’ve had many mishaps during traveling. I’m sure I’ll be remembering them along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great topic and it was also good to see the summary of the previous years as well, I really like how you stretched yourself. Good luck in April!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. Let us reconnect. Will be interesting to read the mishaps. They keep happening and require graceful handling.

    I am writing new posts in my popular blog on industrial engineering. Theme A to Z of Industrial Engineering Theme reveal post. A to Z of Industrial Engineering
    Happy Blogging and Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, Tam, you always make me laugh with your posts and I'm sure this one is going to be awesome. I'm so envious that you have them all done! I tried, I really did. One year maybe I'll get them done ahead of time. Maybe I should start now for next year? Glad to see you and reconnect ... hard to believe a year has gone by already.
    Cheers,

    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to reading your posts for the A to Z this year!! It's always good to laugh when things go wrong. And, congrats on having the posts all written ahead of time this year. It really does take some stress off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to following your mishaps through A to Z! https://findingeliza.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to say that I would do this challenge. But considering how late I am with my own ... this one would be difficult. For all of you who handle this one... good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.