My 10-year Blogversary and 1,166th Post



Oohps, I did it again. I missed a blogversary!

Some time during January's Ultimate Blogging Challenge and 20 Days of Chill I noticed that I missed my 1,100th post, so I made a short mention about it in my 1,101st post, "Black Jack or Blogging is like Cooking"

April and May have been busy months. I participated in Blogging from A - Z for the 8th time in a row, and this year the theme I picked was Coffee. Yeah, you'd be surprised to learn there are many aspects to growing, processing, roasting and preparing coffee, actually more than 26, but I boiled it down, pun intended.

In June I participated in another Photo a Day Challenge. The overall theme was Gratitude. Check out my summary if you like. 

Yeah, well, we'll do a little celebration at my 1,166th post today because it is also my 10 years' blogversary! Can you believe it. I almost missed it as well... 

I distinctly remember the day I wrote my first post. I had just started a freelance assignment as a recruiter in addition to my day job, and the HR mission came with hundreds of paper resumes, and I didn't have the proper leatherwear to shlep them around in. So a trip into the city was in order.

I wanted to post about it on Facebook, but I felt there would have been too much text to tell the entire story, so I signed up with Blogger. You never know what other stories may come up, right?

Going through my first posts, I came across the one about deciding on where to go for dinner. Three people wanted to go to a different restaurant, and then four year old Colin's proposal didn't prevail. He had to fit in with us, and he didn't die. Such an important learning.

Every day I read about young people who are very well taken care of. Sometimes too well. I don't think their parents are doing them a favor by sparing them every disappointment. How are these kids supposed to develop resilience and independence? 

Anyway, today we're ten years later and ten years wiser.

If you had asked me back then where I thought I was going to be in 2022, I'd probably just have shrugged. How was I supposed to know?

I always struggle with the interview question "where do you see yourself in five or ten years?" Does that mean I am not ambitious or goal oriented if I don't say "in so and so leadership position"? Companies change, circumstances change, and even desires change. 

Within the last ten years, so much has happened. Unfortunately the last 2.5 years forced many of us to regroup, and not everybody came out stronger. As a rich country (Switzerland) with a reasonable government, we weathered it relatively well, and in my immediate bubble pretty much everyone resumed their "normal" life earlier this year.

So if back when I first started blogging, I had been shown a video about my life in 2022, I might have been surprised about the hockey part, but otherwise I'd certainly have signed up for it.



I'm happy, healthy and always hungry.

Speaking of. Tradition has it that I usually bake something nice for my blogversary. 

This time? The fact that I almost missed the date tells you I didn't have a baking project either. 

I made some lime lime/lemon muffins for the lovely people who volunteered for the village youth festival. After letting them cool I immediately took them over, and we had to race to practice.



What I've really been obsessed about these days though... Four ingredient peanut butter cookies! They don't look fancy and almost fall apart, but they are super quick and simple to make and so delicious!



How do you feel about PB Cookies, and how does your life compare to ten years ago? 


PS: What's next?

In July I'll take part in another round of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. My theme is motherhood, so keep your eyes open!



Comments