Ultimate Blog Challenge - Determination



Welcome back! Day 30 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge! Before we get into today's theme, let's solve yesterday's riddle, which was to recognize the following pictures:


Copenhagen's Nyhavn (Denmark)




Toronto's Skyline with CN Tower (Canada)




Arc de Triomphe in Paris, France




Seattle's Pike Place Market (USA)




Cape Town's Waterfront with Table Mountain (South Africa)




Hamburg's Opera called Elbphilharmony (Germany)




London's Big Ben (England, United Kingdom)




Lake Louise, Banff National Park (Canada)




"The Del", Hotel del Coronado, San Diego, CA (USA)




"Jet d'Eau" in Geneva, Switzerland (my country)







Congratulations, Debbie, Janet, Diana and Karen on recognizing some of the places; nice job speaking French, too!

Now on to today's post. The prompt considers we're almost done with our 31 days' long writing challenge:

Determination 

It comes with a question: 

What do you do to help you stay motivated and boost your determination?

I guess we'll have to go back to the beginning. 

When we signed up, we must have done a reality check: what does my January look like, will I be able not only to write a post every day, but to invest time to visit other blogs? 

If we said yes to both, we made a commitment. In today's busy, fast-paced world, we better think twice before entering a time-consuming project like this one. I like to think it was easy to do so for all of us.

Why? (And I think that is what it all comes down to: the why)

Because we love it!

We love to write, we love to connect, we love a challenge!

This certainly applies to me. I did two challenges ;-) 

I had no idea if it was going to be hard. For the 20 Days of Chill Challenge, the themes were published way in advance, somewhen in November I think. It gave me the opportunity to write ahead. I probably had a handful of posts pretty much finished and a few drafts by the time it kicked off.

Luckily, on several occasions, the assignments were similar or complimented each other, so I ended up publishing nine combo posts.

Another thing that certainly helps to stay on track is: falling behind or giving up altogether is not an option. At least to me. I mean, there's only so much a person can do, and if something comes up at your day job or someone in your family becomes seriously sick, you have to take care of them and can't keep up with your writing. It's called Life happens. 

So in short: if you're clear about the reason why you're doing something, you can always refer to it in case you're experiencing a sag. 

What helps me, always the dutiful person: I don't want to let myself and other people down. OK, let's be real, nobody would notice if I missed a day or two, but there's still a sense of accountability that comes with a project like this. 

Avoid distractions. There's always other stuff to do, but please, finish your post first.

Finally, if your brain likes a reward, you may always set up a sticker system: every day you publish, you'll get a sticker. Five stickers are good for a treat, 31 stickers will buy you a night out, pandemic restrictions permitting.

So here's my question: how many stickers have you got, and how will you spend them?


Comments

  1. Those same reason could apply to me! First off, I love a challenge and am determined to finish whatever I start. Yes there have been days I'm totally brain dead on a topic but after searching through my photos I can come up with a topic! Congratulations on completing (almost) two challenges in the month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing two challenges this month. That is amazing! I've enjoyed getting to know you through these posts. My determination comes from the urge to write that has always been a part of who I am. Things don't seem real or make sense to me unless I can write about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be visible as soon as I had a chance to verify that you are not an anonymous user and/or a spammer.